Thursday, June 1

Coffee anyone?


So we're at home entertaining and I offer a friend of my boyfriend's a cup of coffee. She declines. A few months back, I made her a cup American style (while an Italian might complain it wasn't strong enough, used, as they are, to thick rocket fuel) that was evidently too strong. The typical Dutch cup of coffee, koffie verkeerd or "wrong coffee," swims in a lake of milk with much less bang for your buck. But what's ironic is that she (*all identities will be protected) is renowned for, er, let's just say taking advantage of liberal Dutch laws regarding certain decriminalized substances. Oh, and let's throw LSD and Coke in there, too. So this hard-living gal can't stomach my coffee because--in her words-- it made her trip out. Wow, and to think I drink it everyday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home